Weekly Lottery rules
- The cost of each entry is £1. Players may purchase more than one entry, and payment must be in advance. Entry is open to all UK residents but excludes Macular Society employees and third parties directly involved in the administration or management of the Weekly Lottery. Any entries bought in the name of such Macular Society employees or members of their households will be excluded from the draw and considered as donations to Macular Society.
- Not to be sold by or to anyone under 18 years of age. Any person found to be under 18 years of age automatically forfeits the right to any prize. Any entries bought by under 18’s will be excluded from the draw and considered as donations to Macular Society.
- Your unique lottery number(s) will be generated and confirmed by post within 21 days. Your number(s) will remain the same each week. No ticket will be supplied.
- The weekly draw will be conducted every Friday. The draw will be conducted by a random number generator which will select a six digit number (the Winning Number). Only Lottery numbers for players with sufficient credit at the time of the draw will be eligible for prizes. Late or missed payments may result in player’s lottery numbers not being eligible for every draw.
- The Winning Number will be available via the Macular Society website (Macular Society.org.uk/lotterywinners) and will be available from the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 01628 820 116. Results will be available from the Monday following the draw.
- Winning combinations will be for players’ lottery numbers which match three or more of the digits in the correct position within the Winning Number. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest will be payable. If you pay by Direct Debit, prizes will be paid directly into your bank account, otherwise a cheque will be sent within 21 days.
- Prizes are as follows: Match 6 numbers in the correct order to win £10,000. Match 5 numbers in the correct order to win £1,000. Match 4 numbers in the correct order to win £25. Match 3 numbers in the correct order to win £5. Overall chance of winning a prize each week with one entry is 63 to 1.
- All profits from the weekly lottery go to the Macular Society. More information about our work can be found on our website www.macularsociety.org. Of the £161,361 received in ticket sales from January to December 2019, 20% was spent on expenses, 20% on prizes and 60% was used to fund our important work..
- Macular Society is not responsible for any delays in bank payments. Entries can only be included in the lottery once full payment for each entry has been received.
- CAF payments cannot be accepted to pay for lottery entries. All CAF payments will be returned with a request for alternative payment or treated as donations.
- No liability is accepted for loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication sent by post.
- Macular Society or its External Lottery Manager may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription or terminate or suspend the lottery scheme. Macular Society or its External Lottery Manager’s decisions made regarding the lottery and its rules shall, once made, be final and binding.
- The rules are subject to change by Macular Society or its External Lottery Manager. Copies of the latest rules will be published on Macular Society.org.uk/lottery
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the lottery in any way, the organisers reserve the right to fairly administer the lottery as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Macular Society will notify entrants of the error.
- Macular Society is committed to ensuring that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the website https://lottery.macularsociety.org/problem-gambling or request from the Lottery Helpline number.
- The maximum number of entries for an individual in each weekly draw is five.
Promoter: Helen Blyth, Macular Society, PO Box 1870, Andover, Hampshire SP10 9AD.
Macular Society is a charity registered in England and Wales (1001198) and in Scotland (SCO42015).
For full terms and conditions visit https://lottery.macularsociety.org.
Licensed by the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005.
www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk. Please gamble responsibly. Problem gambling support: The National Gambling Helpline on 0808 802 0133 (lines open 24 hours a day) www.begambleaware.org
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Macular Society will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Macular Society to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Macular Society or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Macular Society asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.