The Macular Society is committed to protecting your privacy.
This statement is made in the light of the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 in order to alert valued contacts to Macular Society's data processing practices which will govern the processing of your data.
If you have any queries about this statement, please email our Database Manager at email@example.com.
To read our full privacy statement please visit https://www.macularsociety.org/privacy-terms-and-cookies
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 1870
The data controller of our website is CFP Lottery and Raffles Ltd (company registration number 02596199). Registered office, Suite 1, Beechwood, Grove Park, White Waltham, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3LW. CFP are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner under the registration number Z8972055.
If you have any questions regarding your personal data whilst using this site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with Macular Weekly in the subject line.
What personal information we collect
On the registration page we ask for your contact details including your title, full name, address, payment details (to allow you to purchase chances) and email address. We may also store details of communications between you and us, including any customer feedback.
What we use your personal data for
We only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide our services (including competitions and donation facilities) to you and to administer user records, including contacting you by email in relation to our website, the services which we offer and/or campaigns that maybe relevant to you.
- To process transactions between us including the purchase of chances to our lottery and donations.
- To arrange for collection and delivery of prizes
- To improve our services
- As part of our collection of customer feedback
Who we can disclose your personal data to
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone save for the following exceptions:
- We will disclose your personal data to law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law or with legal process; (ii) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (iii) prevent fraud; (iv) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; or (v) protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public
- We may employ other companies to provide services for us, including for example, processing of payments and freight which services are necessary in order for us to be able to provide our services to you. These companies have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions and not for any other purposes and are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose
- We have implemented Google analytics features based on Display advertising (Google analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt out by going to www.google.com/settings/ads. We may use the data provided by Google analytics to develop the site and make your experience of the website better.
If at any time we wish to disclose your personal data in circumstances other than those above, we will always obtain your consent before doing so. We store your personal details on our servers in the European Union and we will not be transferring your data outside the European Union.
Cookies & sessions
What is a cookie or session? A cookie is a text string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk (or the memory of your mobile device) so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
To find out more about cookies, what they are used for and how to remove them, please visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau Europe’s website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You can request to see your personal data which we hold, subject to the payment of a nominal fee to cover the administration required. If you believe that any personal data we hold is incorrect then you can request that we amend the personal data. You can also request that we delete some or all of your personal data which we will do on your request save where we are required by law to keep records.
Our safekeeping of your data
We will periodically evaluate your personal data which we hold to determine whether we should continue to hold it. We have implemented all appropriate technical, organisational and security procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access or from accidental loss or corruption. Please note that our storage of your personal data is incidental to our provision of our services to you and does not absolve you of your responsibility to back up your important information.
How to unsubscribe
If you do not wish to receive mailings from us or if you wish to de-register then you can unsubscribe at any time by calling 01628 201285 or writing to
Macular Society Weekly Lottery
PO Box 1127
If you wish to enquire about the data stored about you in the Macular Society Weekly Lottery site, please send an email to email@example.com writing Macular Weekly Lottery in the subject line or write to the above address and we will send you all of the relevant information.
By using this site you consent to our collection and use of your personal data for the purposes set out above.